Thursday, April 23, 2009

They Know Too Much!

This is a conversation that went down in our home a few days ago:


Emma: Mom, can I have one of those orange drinks (referring to the orange cream sodas left over from our Spring Break trip)

Me: No Emma, we don't have any left.

Emma: Can we buy some at the store?

Me: Sure.

Emma: When?

Me: Sometime.

Emma: Okay.

At this point Emma walks in the bedroom and tells Abby in an excited tone of voice: "Guess what Abby, Mom says we can buy some orange drinks at the store sometime."

Abby lovingly puts her hand on Emma's shoulder, gives her a look of pity and shakes her head.

Abby: Emma, let me tell you something. When mom says "sometime", that means never.

Emma: Awwww.

Now this is not totally fair as I am sure that sometime I will buy them an orange cream soda, I just don't know when! 

7 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

So cute. Kids really are smarted than you think, and they pick up on everything.

PADA said...

I seem to recall similar conversations at our house. Abby is on to you, I'm afraid.

Mandy said...

That Abby is one smart cookie!

marissa said...

Too funny!

Marni Bown said...

I love their honesty. Your family is so adorable. Those Easter picts were so cute.

the child family said...

I love it because I, too, am a "sometime" mom!

BrittanyW said...

That is so cute and funny!