Monday, September 28, 2009

Seattle Weekend

Okay, I am starting at the present and will work my way back (since I've missed about 5 months of blogging). I just realized I never even posted pictures of Abby's b-day in May. I'll get there, slowly but surely!

So, as for this past weekend . . . it was FANTASTIC! Justin had an Ophthalmology conference in Seattle so Davis and I tagged along. We left the girls with our dear friends (thanks again Cary and Matt) but don't feel bad for them for being left behind, they had a total party. I don't think they wanted us to come back.

Justin had meetings all day on Saturday so Davis and I literally hit the pavement for 8 hours straight. I love Seattle. What a great city! We went to the Public Library (I forgot my camera that day - but do go if you are ever in Seattle, it is worth seeing). We shopped and shopped - mostly window but it was fun anyway. We ate at fun cafes and we played on the grass at the waterfront. Davis proved himself to be a worthy shopping companion and didn't even fuss once during his 8 hour stroller imprisonment. The sun was shining and we had a great time.

The next day Justin had morning meeting but we got to walk around in the SUNSHINE (yes it does happen here in the northwest people!) all day again. We hit the Space Needle, the Pacific Science Center, the "cool fountain" (I don't know what it's called), Pike Place and some more walking. Thanks for a great weekend boys!




5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so sad we missed you! Call or email next time you guys are up. I've been meaning to email you for forever! Todd has a four month stint in Portland during his third year. I'm guessing you guys will be long gone by then, but I've wanted to pick your brain about the area..... So glad you guys got some great weather while you were hear!

P.S. Davis is adorable! Gotta LOVE that smile!!

Jillyn said...

Oh man I love Seattle! Look at Davis! He and Jackson would have such a great time together! When are we going to get those two cousins together? We sure miss you guys!!!

PADA said...

What a beautiful day in Seattle. Davis seems to be loving it. So glad you got to go.

the child family said...

Fun trip, Lanie! I was just thinking about you the other day and missing my Lanie. I hope things are going well for you guys. We sure do love you!

TJ said...

we have a pass to the pacific science center.:) great museum, even if it's a pretty far drive for us. when you have more time, just let us know! we don't do too much around here.:)