Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feeling Grateful

This morning I am feeling grateful for many things, some of which are . . .

- sunshine and 55 degrees in February
- walking in my neighborhood with Davis in the stroller pointing out every car and dog that passes
- an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my healthy and safe children
- Grape Nuts with bananas and (a few) chocolate chips - oh come on, you know it sounds good to you too!
- good books to read - now reading A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (it's fantastic)
- good movies - watched Whip It again this past weekend (I realize roller derby is not for everyone - I happened to love it!)
- everything else that I don't have time to list because I now have to go clean up the Kix that Davis has dumped out and stomped on while I was writing this post, which leads me to one last thing I am grateful for - a clean house (not that I have one but if I did, I would be really grateful for it)

What are you grateful for this morning?

4 comments:

Julia said...

Lol- grape nuts & bananas & chocolate? Sounds really healthy plus a spike of chocolate! I still have that photo of you from Rouen with 3 boxes of special K! You actually got me addicted to Special K- (every once & a while)!

Lindsay said...

I have found the trick to a clean house or at least cleaner...box everything up and stage your house to look like you don't live in it. That's what we've done. North Carolina here we come (in a couple months)

Sunny said...

Lately I am thankful for hot Pero with sugar free, fat free, calorie free chocolate syrup. Tastes like such a guilty indulgence. No repentance or exercising required. Perfect.

Lanes, your family is wonderful. I love watching those kiddos grow up. I'm glad things seem to be going so well for you guys. Miss you so much!

love bug momma said...

grapefruit, digital photography, and you! I just found your blog and just want you to know what a sweetheart you are and what a good example and spirit you are! I know this sounds kinda creepy or stalker-like, but you were a great friend, always had a smile on your face, and I appreciate our time together in Jerusalem! And who doesn't like grapefruit?! Yum!