Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Abby's 9th!

My oldest is 9! I can't believe it. It's gone by so so fast. Abby is such a light in my life. I am so grateful to have her. She is a huge help with Davis, a wonderful friend to Emma and such a good buddy to me. She makes us laugh all the time and I just couldn't love her more!

We had a pirate party at the park (thank goodness for the great weather). We switch off years between family and friend parties and this year was a family year. We celebrated with our fantastic cousins. It was a great night, thanks for a good party Abby. She planned the whole thing.

Davis and Thomas took to the pirate thing right away!

Here are all the pirates, aren't they scary? :)

Abby planned a scavenger hunt and hid the clues all around the park. These were the prizes at the end.

The cake! The girls decorated it themselves. It ended up with about 10 times more candy than if I would have done it. I'm sure that's why they volunteered!


The Harry Potter obsession continues!

The doll I made Abby for her birthday.

Another set to add to the collection!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for the invite, and thanks for such a great niece/cousin!

marissa said...

Happy Birthday to Abs! As I was laying in bed this morning I heard my girls playing in their bedroom. I'm not sure what they were playing, but I kept hearing "Abby and Emma", so those were their doll names or whatever it was. We miss you guys!

the child family said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! Wow, 9 years! Lanie you are getting really old :) Hey, are you guys coming to Utah this summer at all? If so, we should have a SUMMER get together!

the child family said...

p.s., that doll is SUPER cute!

Kristi said...

Oooo... Do you have a tutorial for that doll? Amazing. Love it. Need some. :o)

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .