Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I am finally getting around to thinking about the New Year. This January is starting off much better then our Januarys usually do (knock on wood). It seems as though we are always sick the entire month. Last year I went so far as to break my rib from coughing (of all the lame things). Right now we are healthy, happy and excited to start off this year! I'm sure I just jinxed us though. Okay, here's my list of the best and worst things about 2007.

BEST!
1 - Justin graduating from med school (May 2007)
2 - Abby starting Kindergarten; Emma starting preschool
3- Oregon coast
4 - Moving to Portland
5 - Going to Samoa
6 - Camping in the Columbia River Gorge
7 - Trips to Seattle
8 - Trip to Utah for Christmas; Kev and Jill coming for Thanksgiving
9 - Swimming during a WARM summer
10 - My parents coming home from Samoa (from their mission)


WORST!(not to be negative :)
1- Breaking my rib from coughing
2- Leaving San Francisco and all our wonderful friends
3- Packing to move
4- Lots of overnight call for Justin
5- Getting Emma dressed (everyday)
6- Leaving Samoa
7- Car repairs (4 tows in 5 months)
8- More car repairs
9- My giant zit during the Wilkinson extended family photo (and my mom pointing it out and asking how long I've had it)
10- Getting pickpocketed by a man pretending to be blind as I helped him across the street.

Well, here's to another great year! We hope you all have a good one!

10 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, my goodness! You crack me up! I can't believe you got pickpocketed from a little old man. Although, it doesn't surprise me with how much you loved the little old men when we were comps in France.

I also can't believe you broke your ribs from coughing! Poor girl. I totally understand the trying to get your daughter dressed each day. Sometimes Annelise just refuses... Maybe they make pajamas just too comfortable these days.

..And thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'd love to be able to see you again someday too. Oh, and did I mention how adorable your girls are & how gorgeous you look in your Christmas card photo? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Lanie, I would LOVE to hear the story about being pickpocketed by a fake blind man. That is fantastic!!! Did he get anything? Did you chase after him and beat him down? ha ha ha.

Jen said...

Oh that is the saddest thing...you were being nice and got robbed! I love reading your abbyisms and Emmaisms (sp?) I especially liked the sea cucumber one...They are so funny.

Daisie said...

Hi Lanie and Justin! It's Daisie (Gunnell) Hunsaker! It has been Forever! I was so happy to have seen your blog link and found you! It is so fun to see your cute family! And hear what you are up to! I just had to say Hi! And tell you that we are actually moving to Paris for a few months for my husband's job! I know you served your mission in France, did you ever serve right in Paris? If you have a second email me, daisieg@gmail.com! Honestly, your girls are soooo cute! Be sure to tell Justin Hi!

Mandy said...

I love the list. I just can't believe you left off the great passport incident. Did you forget, or was it really not as bad as I thought it was?

Lanes said...

Oh my gosh, I did forget! Probably because it was the WORST thing EVER and I have blocked it from my memory. #1 worst moments of 2007 - forgetting passports for the girls and missing our flights to Samoa, driving to Seattle in the middle of the night to get to the passport agency, finally getting on a plane a week later. I am sick just thinking about that moment. Thanks for the reminder Mandy!

PADA said...

Lanie, the passport incident was one of the worst of my 2007 too. Of course, one of the best was finally seeing all of you at the airport in Samoa. Always the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sarah Walton said...

Hey Lanie! I love your lists. What a great idea. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! We went to California for Christmas so we were able to see some friends from San Fran . . . it was so fun!

the child family said...

Lanie,
SO good to see you guys in Logan! Lily and I are still a little upset you didn't bring the girls but we're banking on next year.

You have to know that your Ethiopian pitcher-type apparatus is on display in Sarah's living room. So functional! Can't say the same for our berry body butter and stinky deodorant.

jordan said...

pretty decent year you had!
It was so fun seeing you guys. And we did miss your girls. judging by their pictures they certainly are gorgeous.