Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tagged!

So I've been tagged, sorry it's taken me a bit to get to it Jill! I think I did this a while back so I will try and think of some different and Oh So Interesting things about me :)

1 - I cannot stand the words "cankerous", "crusty"(unless referring to bread), "moist", and "festering". Just to name a few, my repertoire of disgusting words is ever-growing as Justin is so sweet to share many from his medical books. I will spare you the worst of them, as this is a family blog.

2- I have lived in Utah, Connecticut, Delaware, Chicago, Israel, France, San Francisco, and Portland. I LOVE to travel, it is actually a really big obsession. We don't do it too much these days but I dream about it constantly. I love to learn about different cultures, try different foods and meet new people.

3- Justin and I would love to do international medicine in the future. We had the chance to go to Ethiopia for a few weeks to do Ophthalmology research and humanitarian work. We loved it and feel like that is part of our life's mission.

4 -I am always changing my hair style and color. I get an idea in my head and can't get it out. I've had blonde, red, black and now brown. I am really trying to keep the current one for a while. It's killing me though.

5 - I fell in love with Justin at first sight. We met at the Freshman orientation dance at USU and I asked him to dance. We dated for 2 years, waited for eachother on our missions, and have now been married for 6 wonderful years.

6- I love to clean! Whenever I feel down or upset, I vacuum. It is amazing what it does for me. I never feel better than when I have a clean, organized house. Not that it is always like that, but I would love for it to be.

7- I am playing soccer for the first time in my life. I have never played soccer before except for a few pick-up games in France. I am playing on an indoor team with some girlfriends here in Portland. It is so much fun and I'm so happy to pick up a new sport at age almost-30. I scored my first goal last night!

Okay, way more than you ever wanted to know. I tag all of you! I love to hear things I may not have known about you!

12 comments:

Jillyn said...

Good to know Lanie! Love to hear new things! I guess than we will be seeing you in London this summer! I hope!
I think the cleaning comes from your mom, kev has it to! Great trait to have!

Jillyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

If your house ever gets to clean for you to vent properly, you are welcome to come clean mine! By the way, that goal last night was awesome! Yay Leftovers! I'm so glad we finally won a game!

Becca said...

k, don't mind my 8 million same responses on your last post-i'm new at blogging (and feel free to delete them!). you're so cute (with any hair color) and we'll come visit you if you do international medicine--oh wait, maybe we should start with visiting you in portland...

Lanes said...

No Bec, it was my fault, I had accidently turned on some comment moderation setting so all of the comments were sitting in some folder somewhere until I "released" them. Sorry about that, but it did make me feel very popular :)

Lindsay said...

Lanie. . .playing soccer!!! Nice. Maybe when you get back to Utah (someday) you, me and Megan can play together. :) I love indoor. . the field isn't nearly as long and it's much easier to score. Glad you're having fun.

BigEd said...

Congratulations on your goal - and from Mandy's comment it is good to hear that our team won!!! Nice meeting you and I will see you next Wed - Jenn Daines Diehl

acte gratuit said...

Hey Lanes,
Love those towels! Can you send me a copy of the patterns? (Only if you have them e-mailable.) I also love your orange wall. Awesome. We've been fixing up our house to sell and it's fun to see drastic changes! Love it!

Love to you and your girlies! (Oh, and Justin I suppose!)
:)

Bills said...

Lanie thats great you picked up soccer. I actully started up again in Colorado after 10 years of not playing it was great to start back up again.

the child family said...

Soccer sounds fun! That's one regret I have for my youth - I wish I would have played soccer.

As for the hair, I think I've seen you with everything but red hair. Or a pixie cut. Have you ever had a pixie cut? You always look beautiful with whatever your protein outgrowth is doing (See, I'm turning into a nerdy medical person).

Peerys Posse said...

Lanie This is Tracy Heninger Peery I saw your blog from Emilys. I am so excited to hear you kive in Portland. Barret and I lived in the L.O. while I was pregnant with Kennedy. (2002-2003) We loved it there and miss is so much. Where do you live? Email me tpeery@cableone.net I will send you a blog invite
peerysposse.blogspot.com
Tracy

Robert and Tannya said...

Lanie, I love you, you are so cute. I to have a dislike for the word fester. Ugh. Just typing it gives me the willies. I can only imagine what you indure with Justin's enthusiasm to explain things.