Friday, February 1, 2008

Blogger Slacker

I have been a major blogger slacker lately. Things have been really busy since the New Year (aren't they always). But I have been busying myself lately with a lot of projects, painting, reading and organizing. The usual, I know, but I've been doing even more than usual lately. So, I decided I would combine the two and post a few of my projects on here for posterity. Okay, mostly just for my benefit so I can keep a photo journal of them. Here are a few to start!



These are the elf tea towels I stitched for a Christmas present. I loved these patterns, I thought they were so simple and sweet. The great thing is that there are so many crafty people out there that post patterns on their blogs now so I can benefit from their creativity.


This was my favorite Christmas project. I made these capes for the girls. They were a major pain since I made them out of satin - but they HAD to be shiny! They are reversible. So the one side is the princess crown with their initial and the other side is the lightning bolt if they want to be a little more superhero. They LOVE these capes and wear them all the time. I'm glad they liked them since they took quite a while to make. Okay, more to come . . .

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Look at you Lanie Lou!! I knew that you were talented and I am so impressed that you got all of that done! I'm sure that the girls LOVE their capes. They are so cute!

Polliwog said...

Yeah, I've been missing your posts. :) Very impressive, Crafty Lady. You were the gal that got me started in the crafting world, you know that right?

PADA said...

Wow, Lanie, I am so proud of you. You have become quite the craft diva. And to think - I could never even get you to thread a needle. Love, the capes, the towels and the wall is GREAT!

the child family said...

Wait! I didn't see this post!

Those are some serious super hero capes - hats off on that one. Those towels are awesome as well, where did you get the template?

Lanes said...

Laura - the website is weewonderfuls.typepad.com. She has some seriously cute things on there. Most of them you have to buy but on the right side there is a link "freebies to download" and that is where I got the elf pattern. Let me know if that works.