Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Perfect Exercise for Kids . . .

I just wanted to share a great new discovery I made this week. The perfect way to completely wear out your kids without them even knowing it. Windless Kite-Flying. Let me explain. The girls and I were getting ready for a picnic at the park when Emma asked if we could take the kite. There was absolutely no wind whatsoever. That didn't seem like a good enough excuse to Emma, so in order to avoid the arguement, I told her to bring it just in case. Well, the wind never picked up but of course she wanted to fly it anyway. So for the next 2 hours the girls took turns running as fast as they possibly could in order to keep the kite in the air. They thought it was great, I had a nice rest on the blanket and by the time we left the park they were completely spent. Let's hope for plenty of windless days.

4 comments:

PADA said...

Love it. What clever girls.

Kristi said...

I remember doing that as a little girl. That's hilarious. :o)

Julia said...

What a fun Mom you are. We're still waiting for the perfect windy day to break out our new kite.... but then again you make a good point- good exercise!

Sarah Walton said...

great idea Lanie! I'll have to try that one. Sounds like you guys had a great trip to Utah! always so great to spend time with family.