Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Fun!

I knew that eventually I would get around to posting a few Christmas pictures. I can't believe how few we took this year. We decided to finally break out the video camera again so we do have quite a bit of Christmas video. Davis, on the other hand, is greatly under-represented. He was "snug in his bed" through most of the Christmas festivities. He did show his face long enough to get his Christmas Eve pajamas though. Justin's family always did Christmas Eve PJs and my family always does a Christmas Eve ornament. So we have continued each of those traditions and the girls were so happy to get their PJs and ornament this year. Since they love bugs so much, we got Abby a grasshopper and Emma a frog for their ornament, they were thrilled. Another tradition we want to carry on is the Christmas Eve seafood extravaganza that the Wilkinsons always have. Since  we didn't go to Utah this year for Christmas, we did our own Christmas Eve feast with all of our favorite foods: king crab legs, shrimp, artichokes and oysters (even the girls tried their first oyster this year). We made sure to decorate the sugar cookies for Santa (he LOVES sugar cookies and we always have to leave out a lot for him. )

Look at this fat happy baby! He loves Christmas!

The girls showing off their pj's and ornaments.

Getting in a little 'Twas the night before Christmas before they head off to bed.

Mmmmm!

The all-important sugar cookies.


3 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Hi there, this is Tessa. I just refound your blog again thru Jamie's. I didn't even know you had a baby, congrats like 3 months late. Your family is beautiful!!!

marissa said...

Cute, cute! I like the Christmas Eve ornament idea too. By the way, I wish I was stuck at your house instead of mine for those 2 weeks when I saw all the goodies you made!

PADA said...

How fun! We wish we could have been there. Davis is getting soooo grown up. Tell him to slow down a bit.