Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dreamy Cobbler

Okay, I just had to post this recipe for blackberry/peach cobbler. I got it off the internet the other night because the girls had been blackberry picking and my sister-in-law had brought us a bunch of fresh peaches. It was so good and easy that I had to share.

1 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. white sugar, divided
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
6 T. cold butter
1/4 c. boiling water
2 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. cold water
1 T. lemon juice
2 c. fresh blackberries
2 c. fresh peaches, peeled and pitted (you could use 4 cups of whatever fruit you want)


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 c. boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
3. In separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining cup sugar, lemon juice, and fruit. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, (I just used our heavy skillet), and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake 25 minutes in the oven, until dough is golden brown.


Enjoy

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Doug just bought a boat load of peaches. Now I want to try it. Sounds yummy.

Lanes said...

I made peach jam yesterday too, I'd never tried it before but it is sooo yummy too. Really good on English Muffins with lots of butter. You can tell we've been really healthy lately.

the child family said...

I'm going to go ahead and be the second witness on this one. After the uncontrollable mouth-watering sensation I experienced after reading about this yumminess, I decided I needed to try it. So try I did and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks Martha