Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happiness is . . .

Fresh peaches and independent children. I have to say that I had the happiest morning this morning. I woke up to the sound of Abby saying to Emma "No, don't wake up mommy, I'll get you breakfast". Abby poured them each a bowl of cereal with milk, they ate, and then went back to playing in their bedroom while I layed lazily in bed. I fully expected to be greeted by a huge mess of spilled milk when I came upstairs, but no. The milk was put away in the fridge with all dishes placed nicely in the sink. Ahhhhhhh. Then I remembered that we had spent the morning picking 33 lbs. of peaches yesterday and I fixed myself a bowl of vanilla yogurt, fresh peaches and grape nuts. What could be better. For lunch I think I'll have some of the homemade peach ice cream we made last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen... I love how they learn to do things independently. I also love how sisters can be best friends & entertain each other, playing together for hours.

I loved all your references to peaches. Our Georgia state motto is "the Peach State."

acte gratuit said...

We must be on the same page. We just finished off the peach ice cream we made a few days ago. It was divine which is why Doug bought a bunch more. So we can make it again. And I DO love independent kids. Max HAS to get Sam is cereal every morning cause I'm such a lazy arse, but they DO leave a mess. Those dried on Rice Krispies have to be removed with a chisel.