Monday, August 30, 2010

Olympic National Park


We just got back from a dreamy week-long camping trip and let me tell you, it was the Northwest at it's finest. Perfect sunny weather, gorgeous mountains, clear blue lakes, amazing hiking, hot springs and stunning coastline. Not to mention, dirty happy kids (oh and the adults weren't too clean either). I tried to trim down the number of pictures as well as I could but didn't do a very good job so bear with me.

Lake Crescent
Highlight of the hike at Lake Crescent
My crazy kids and their equally crazy and wonderful cousins
Have I ever mentioned how much I adore this girl?
This is pretty much what Davis and his cousin did the entire time - words can't describe the amount of dirt that was on these boys after a whole week of dumping dirt on their own heads
Sitting at the visitor's center at Hurricane Ridge - the views of the Olympics here were so stunning!
More from Hurricane Ridge - how I love those rugged mountain peaks
My men - Davis was so happy to sit there with daddy that I think he sat still for a whole 3 minutes
Day at the coast near La Push - yes Twilight fans, THE La Push. I found myself wishing I was a bigger Twilight fan so I could have enjoyed driving through Forks, Port Angeles and La Push a little more.
more beach - these logs provided a whole day of entertainment for the girls. As for Davis, he dug in the sand with his truck, surprised?
Lake Crescent repeat picture, sorry about that. But it's still pretty the second time.
This was the river at our campground. Davis spent all the time that he wasn't digging in the dirt, throwing rocks into the "riber".
Enjoying our nightly ritual.
One week camping + 3 kids = so much stuff that we could barely fit it in our huge minivan.
(This is out of order but this was our car when we left for the trip. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even see the kids in the back. It was kind of nice actually.)
Davis even read in the dirt.
Just a sidenote that this is the hammock that Justin bought for scout camp when he was twelve. We also used the pocket knife that he has had since he was twelve. Have I mentioned that Justin never gets rid of anything. He has an eraser that he used in 3rd grade that has his name written on it in Sharpie. He took it to his board exams last year. That's all.
More beautiful sites, and a cute little girl.
A week well spent! Thanks to my wonderful family for making such great memories!

6 comments:

Katie said...

OH WOW! OH WOW!! What a fun surprise to see your comment! Of course I went directly to your website and got to see your smiley face. Oh you look just the same! Only with dark long hair instead of short blonde hair??! Just a minor change. :-) You live in Portland then? Cool. And I think your kids are stunning. I can't believe you have an EIGHT year old! I always thought you were the coolest and now you are just the coolest again - only fast forward 10 years and you are a rockin mom with a cool family. Anyway, good to catch up. I always look fondly on the memory of hiking Mt. Sinai with you and Ang and playing "would you rather" We came up with some doozies. good times. :-)

PADA said...

Where to start? First, how beautiful and how much fun it looks. Second, how long does it take Justin to grow a beard? Amazing. Third, it looks like Abby has lost more teeth, correct? And her hair is really growing, fast. Fourth, Davis looks so grown up in these pictures. His hair is so blonde. And how fun is that hammock? (love the eraser story, by the way) and finally, what a beautiful family. I miss you. I wanted to climb right through the computer into the pictures and into your lives.

mama bear said...

Oh my gosh, that's beautiful! We will definitely have to go there sometime, and not just to see La Push (even thought that's a fun benefit).

On a side note, I agree with you from your comment on my blog. We really do need to get together soon. Let's do it!

TJ said...

you went right past us!! glad you had a good time!

Lindsey said...

i can't believe how much all of your kids have grown since we left oregon, they are so cute! i wish we could have stuck around so that davis and graham could have a real friendship, graham could really appreciate davis' love for dirt. i love stalking your blog on occassion to see all of the fun adventures you have. we miss all of you in oregon!

marissa said...

Looks like a blast! I am also impressed with Justin's beard - have I ever seen him with one before? I'm jealous my sister got to see you there and I didn't!!