Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Soccer Baby!

Wow, it's been a pretty long time since we posted. Fall is here and I love it! I was pretty sad to say goodbye to the summer sun and welcome the 9 months of rain and gray that we keep hearing about. But the leaves are changing and everything is so green and beautiful, so we can't complain. Abby's been loving her first month of kindergarten. I mostly hear about snack time and recess. Other than that, I'm a little blurry on the details. But I could tell you whether she's had lemonade or fruit punch to drink for the past week, and if it's been monkey bars or swings at recess. But hey, she's happy and seems to be really liking it.



Emma starts preschool next week. She cannot wait and every day is greeted with "Is is TODAY?" We'll post pics soon of her big first day soon.



Abby started soccer this month. It's been so fun to see her get out there and be so excited about it. I wouldn't say that 5 year olds really get the game, but more like they move in a herd around the ball up and down the field. It's so fun to watch. Almost as much fun as watching the parents of the 5 year olds get worked up about it.



- I've been trying now for 30 minutes to post pictures but for some reason our computer won't let me. I'll try and work out that bug . . .

6 comments:

TJ said...

yay you're back!!

PADA said...

Can't wait for the pictures. And love the daisy! It reminds me of someone I know...... Wonder who?

Kristi said...

Lanie, you're a soccer mom! That's so fun! :o) I'm glad you posted, I was about to stop checking!

Kev said...

You've been preparing for this soccer mom thing for years....ever since you got your first green mini-van!

Jill will die when she reads this, but I wouldn't mind having a mini-van sometimes.....or at least a car that starts most of the time.

Anonymous said...

The fall is AMAZING here isn't it!?! I didn't realize there wasn't a fall in SF until I moved here and fell in love with Oregon's fall.

Lanes said...

The fall is sooo pretty here. I love it! And yes, it's true, I am a soccer mom with a minivan and I am not ashamed in the least. I also usually have someone else's kids in with us so it's me and like 5 kids in the back of the van. It makes me happy to look back to the neverendingness of the van and see all of the happy little faces, ha ha.