Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nesting . . .

I've definitely been nesting lately. After a long period of not being motivated to do much at all, except read (I'm always motivated to do that), I have been wanting to sew, paint and organize anything I can get my hands on. This baby better come soon or else it's going to quickly get out of hand. These are a few of my latest projects.
Embellishing old jeans and t-shirts for the girls

Baby shower gifts (how cute is that snail, I can't get over it

The Before Picture (thanks again Amanda for the dresser)

The After (the girl's dresser got moved to baby's room) I think this turned out pretty cute. I painted it and then covered the drawers with scrapbook paper and loads of mod podge. Have I mentioned on here before my complete and utter love of mod podge. If not, I have now gotten it out there.


There are some more projects in the works but they are secret Christmas presents so they will remain unpublished until a later date.

17 comments:

abby o said...

holy smokes Lanie, you GO girl. And get all that pink out of your system, big changes are brewing.

the child family said...

How creative you are! Nesting is such an instinct, it's crazy. I even found myself bustung out the projects before my program started and have realized that nesting is a universal "life change ahead" precaution. I can't wait to see what that baby will look like!

the child family said...

p.s. I'm telling you, you need a baby counter on this thing

acte gratuit said...

Those floating babies are super creepy. Stay strong, Lanie!

So, I loooove the dresser. It's awesome! YOU probably don't know that for a brief period of my life I was known as The Mod Podge Queen...because I decopaged everything in my apartment. (This was before I was married.)

Anyway, now you've inspired me to get creative with my furniture. If only it would EVER GET HERE FROM THE STUPID BOAT!!!!!

Mauri said...

so stinkin' cute! please send some of those vibes my way...the creative ones, not the pregnant ones...;)

Mandy said...

It's too much Lanie, now I have Lazy-Woman's Guilt.

Chelsea said...

Wow! That is so cute! You have so many great ideas. Post all of your stuff. I learn so much.

Lana said...

You've turned crafty Laners! Love the jeans... can I put my order in?
Love the drawers to! When is the new one going to arrive?
But most of all.... I love you!
Say hi to Justin!
Lana Banana

The Winns said...

How cute! You did such a good job. Nesting is a wonderful thing. Did you make the outfit Emma was wearing Sunday? You need to teach me how to do it!

Jennifer said...

How on Earth did you learn how to do that!? It looks fab Lanie!

Jillyn said...

I want to see the babies room! I just saw your quilt your mom made and it is AMAZING! I love the monkeys! Too cute! Wish we were going to be there for this new arrival!!!

Kristi said...

Lanie? Is that you? What have you done with my mission companion? You are crazy amazing. Seriously. You have turned into such a girl!!! Such a Mormon Mommy!!! :o) I love it!!! Everything you have shown here is crazy adorable. Wow!

PADA said...

The jeans and t-shirts turned out so cute...cuter than the pattern. Now we need a picture with the girls wearing them. I am so glad that your recessive draft gene finally emerged. I was beginning to think that I had failed you. Everything is so cute. What fun you will have with a little boy.

Liz Adams said...

You guys have the cutest kids. They are the perfect combo of the two of you! Hope all is well!

Phoebe said...

Now I am intrigued by the Chirstmas presents...

Anthecca said...

So when Lilly needs "cute" or "amazingly talented" lessons I'm sending her to Aunt Lanie's house. All my craft projects look like primary projects :)

Sarahmanarah said...

Are you kidding me! Those are so darling.