Sunday, September 19, 2010

Evergreen Aviation Museum

These pictures are from Memorial Day. A little outdated, I know. But I wanted to post about it because we had such a fabulous time here. We met our dear friends the McFarlanes (we love you guys) and it was a GREAT museum! So, the Spruce Goose is here - yep, it's beyond huge. They also had the first ever commercial airplane and tons of other aviation and space "stuff" (for lack of a better word).

Emma posing by the war planes.
Checking out the interior of the war helicopter.
That orange and yellow plane was my favorite, how cute is that!
The kids rode this ride seriously about 25 times in a row.
My cute family! Notice Davis' smile (see previous post)
This is the best picture of the Spruce Goose that I have. It's so big that you can't get it all in the picture - at least with our camera. This is just the one wing, the body of the plane and the other wing are behind me. Davis kept saying, "Huge a-mean (airplane)" over and over for about a month. He was really impressed!
All in all, it was a great day. I really recommend it for anyone in the area. It also has a great playground that the kids enjoyed almost as much as the planes.


0 comments: