Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ft. Lauderdale


So, apparently I still have a lot of catching up to do with my blogging. These pictures are from May. Better late than never!

Justin had a conference in Ft. Lauderdale in May and I tagged along . . . just me . . . no kids . . . did you hear that people! Justin, me, no kids, Florida, sun, beach, pool . . . wow, it was amazing. It was the first time in a LOOOONG time we have taken a vacation together. Okay, so Justin did have to go to conference every day but it still was a major vacation for me and we still found plenty of time for fun. Thank you again and again infinity to Grandma and Grandpa T for taking care of the littles while we were gone. Our kids had so much fun with you that I don't think they even wanted us back!

This is the beach right outside the door from our hotel. Um . . . I spent a lot of time here while Justin sat in his conference.
Out to dinner with some of Justin's co-residents and his program director.
We rented a scooter one night and cruised up the shore for a few hours. It was really really beautiful. The guy we rented it from was so surprised when we asked for helmets. I don't know if anyone had ever asked for them before. Justin's treated way too many head injuries in the hospital . . . wear your helmets people! Especially when you're on a scooter that maxes out at 30 mph.
On our last day we rented a car with one of Justin's co-residents and her husband and drove down "the keys". We stopped at Key Largo and went snorkeling. So much fun and the drive down there was stunning.

Post snorkeling feast - such a good meal!




I am so glad that Justin and I can still have such a great time together. We just laughed and laughed. We missed the little ones but it was so nice to be together alone for a whole week! Thanks for the great time babe!

3 comments:

PADA said...

I don't know who had the better time; you at the beach or us with the kiddies. I think it must be a toss-up. But WE sure enjoyed our selves! Glad you got to go.

JonJon said...

Speaking of head injuries, maybe you should have Justin do a post where he puts up a collection of pictures of head injuries. Just a thought... :)

Kristi said...

Um...so fun. I need a vacation desperately. And can I please be as skinny and gorgeous as you? :o)