Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just a few tidbits


First, I would like to say that my husband, that's right people, my husband met this guy last night. Okay, well, they didn't exactly meet. But Justin did go to a talk he was giving at OHSU (the hospital where Justin works). Justin walked in late with a few other residents and Dwight, I mean Rainn Wilson, heckled them a bit, made fun of their white coats or something like that. Doesn't really matter, Justin got heckled by Dwight Shrute. And Dwight is pretty funny!


Next item is: Um, has anyone tried the green chile bagels from Costco? The Kirkland/Noah's Bagels brand. Yeah, they are really good. Toasted with a little butter. Made my morning.

Next up: my girls started school yesterday and I cried a bit walking home. I know it's schmaltzy but I miss them and their little brother misses them more. Here's an example of our whole day-long conversation. (Aside from the 4 hour nap he took - bless this child!)

Davis: Hey Mom, where AbbyEmma go?
Me: They're at school.
Davis: Oh, I go to Abby class right now, K?
Me: We can't Davis.
Davis: Oh, but where AbbyEmma, mom?
Me: School.
Davis: Oh (pause 2 seconds) Why mom?
Me: They have to go to school.
Davis: Oh, I go to school now K?
(Repeat 756 times)

Last item of business for the day:

I just got done reading this book 25 times to my little man. Did I mention I miss the girls?


5 comments:

marissa said...

Are you kidding me?! Why did we have to move before meeting Dwight! That is hilarious! I know what you mean about missing the girls. I have to play polly pockets ALL DAY LONG!!!! I miss you!!

PADA said...

Did you notice how much he looks like Todd in this picture. Todd would get a kick out of that!

I seem to remember reading that book to Davis about the same number of times when I was last there. I miss AbbyEmma too. And Davis, and you and Justin.

acte gratuit said...

AWE-SOME!
LOVE Dwight! Next time the Survivors come to town I'm going to kick them in the shins because they're not Dwight.

acte gratuit said...

(By-the-way, why was he there speaking?)

Lindsay said...

I played dollies and house with Abby. Fun times.