Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Grateful . . .

I am grateful for so many things this year! Here are just a few:


- of course, my wonderful family (immediate and extended)
- that Justin is done interviewing and won't be going out of town again any time soon
- to live in such a beautiful part of the country
- for the trucks and trains that keep Davis busy so I can have a little bit of peace in the day
- for the hugs and kisses from my children (and from Justin :)
- for down coats that keep us warm
- for snow (come soon please)
- for a knowledge of Jesus Christ and all that He means to us
- for good books to read and for kids that love to be read to
- for good food to eat and make
- for good health (except for the strep throat I have right now, but that will pass)
- for a warm place for my kids to sleep
- for chocolate (especially Lindt's sea salt dark)
- for parents who love us and our kids
- for good music and dance parties in our living room
- for wrestling matches
- for Sunday drives
- for mountains and beaches close by

Like I said, the list could go on and on. I'll save some for the next few days. What are you grateful for this year?

1 comments:

Julia said...

Love it! Chicago's never looked quite so good as it does with you in it. Looks like you had such a fun trip! (My little sis served her mission in Chicago.) Love the AG Lanie photo. My daughter did a school book & oral report on the AG Lanie book. Of course I thought of you as I do every time they look through those AG mags. It's a wonder when you have such a creative name to see it used by girl characters. I was shocked when I saw Barbie took Princess Annelise near my daughter's 1st birthday. But then it was fun to get the doll, etc.