Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chicago - Day 2

Day 2 in Chicago . . . Justin was at conference all day again so I thought I would hit the Magnificent Mile and do some serious window shopping. Wow, I had heard about the Chicago shopping but it is really something. Every great store . . . super-sized. It was a great morning walking around, trying on clothes, and exercising serious self-control. In the afternoon I headed back to Navy Pier to do another lake cruise, this time on a tall ship. (Another thing included on my GoChicago card). It was another beautiful sunny day out on the lake.

View of Navy Pier from the boat
Tall Ship Windy
The Chicago skyline really is amazing

That night we met up with some of Justin's classmates from UCSF, some that we had gone to Ethiopia with. It was great to see them and catch up. We got sushi and then Justin and I stopped by the Ghirardelli store and ice cream shop on the way home. It was almost 11:00 at night and the place was packed! Did you hear me, 11:00 at night and we were stopping for ice cream, not worrying about hurrying home to relieve the babysitter. We shared this amazing dark chocolate wonder of an ice cream sundae. It was a little too rich for Justin but I thought it was great and could have had more. Tells a lot about my chocolate tolerance level.
Perfect way to end the day!

1 comments:

The Winns said...

How fun! I can't wait until the kids are older and we can take an adult trip. Of course family trips are fun too.