Monday, November 8, 2010

Chicago - Day 4

Don't worry, we're getting close to the end here people.


I walked a few miles down the Magnificent Mile to get to the Shedd Aquarium. Maybe the best part of this day was that I got to skip this line that continued on way past this picture. I just walked to the Will Call line and gave them my GoChicago card and walked right in. Saved me about 2 hours in line. Love that! The aquarium was great. I missed the kids because I knew it was something they would have loved. There was the most gigantic python I ever could have imagined and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.
Right next to the Aquarium is the Planetarium. So, I hit a few star shows there. I met a really nice French couple and got to practice my French for a while. That was fun.

I was so tired after I walked back to the hotel but realized when I got there that I had an hour until Justin would be done so I walked over to the Sears (Willis Tower). This is one of the few things I remember doing in the city when we lived there when I was younger.
View from the top!


Last year they added these boxes that stick out from the building on the 90-somethingth floor. It was pretty trippy standing out there and seeing 100 floors worth of sky between you and the street!

Justin and I met up for dinner that night at a great Italian place that had the BEST scallops I have ever tasted, oh my, I'm still thinking about them daily!

We thought the girls would like this picture.
The Chicago theater
We couldn't pass up this photo op - perfect for the man whose life is about eyeballs these days!

3 comments:

JonJon said...

Just looking at that picture of you in the glass box makes my palms sweaty.

PADA said...

I am dying looking at these photos and thinking that I should have been there with you. Except on the glass platform. Not me. But I would have yelled my support to you from clear across the room. Where, oh where, did you find the eyeball structure? Funny.

Lanes said...

I know, I wish you could have been there too Mom. It appears there is a sculpture for everybody in Chicago, we just happened across the eyeball on our way home that night. Why not, right?